If i use an external configuration file for Microsoft enterprise library for my program, then all the configuration for enterprise library must reside in the external configuration file? can i still have part of the configuration in the hosting configuration file?
external configuration file for enterprise library
If I understand you correctly you want to configure Entlib in an external file, and override some settings on your app.config?
If that's the case, check the EntLib Hands-On Labs. Particularly take a look at the configuration HOL; it shows you how to inherit configuration from a shared location, and override it.
I am using Enterprise Library 5.0
I needed to reference my enterprise library config outside the app.config.
I used the following with my own logging factory:
var configSource = new FileConfigurationSource("EntiLib.config"); var logWriterFactory = new LogWriterFactory(configSource); var logWriter = logWriterFactory.Create();
I was able to find this solution on CodePlex answer on code plex
Good links by Nicolas and Peter. Glad you found the hands-on labs useful. In addition, please take a look at this chapter that we wrote to explain various configuration scenarios, including:
- reading configuration information from a wide range of sources.
- enforcing common configuration settings across multiple applications.
- sharing configuration settings between applications.
- specifying a core set of configuration settings that applications can inherit.
- merging configuration settings that are stored in a shared location.
- creating different configurations for different deployment environments.